Make a Gift
- Give a child the experience of Faith, Hope, and Empowerment – safe, fast, and secure.
Donate as a Sustaining Giver
- Give Monthly to Sustain your ministry year-round…
–> 3X TRIPLE MATCH Expires soon!
“Triple your impact” on Bible camp this month! A generous donor now offers to TRIPLE-MATCH your first monthly gift up to a total of $10,000 if you start automated monthly giving before May 31. (Give $25/month, they match with $75 more for your first gift!) It is quick, easy, and secure.
Are you already a “sustaining giver”? If you increase your monthly gift by any amount, our donor will TRIPLE-MATCH your full new monthly gift the first month. Please let us know if you are doing this and we’ll connect YOUR gift with the 3X match today!
Please let Sugar Creek know you are becoming a Sustaining Giver, so we know to TRIPLE-MATCH your first monthly gift. Keep Sugar Creek strong, and claim this incredible ministry as something you share a part in, all year long…
- Become a Monthly Donor to sustain Sugar Creek all year.
Need space in your garage? Enjoy savvy shopping? We need the following items to support your efforts in this ministry. As a 501c3 nonprofit, gifts to Sugar Creek can be tax deductible! We will provide you a receipt. Do you have access to any of these items?
Program Supplies & Gear for kids’ activities & important needs
- Arts & Crafts General art supplies for 1600+ kids/summer.
- Tents Used or new, 4+ person tents needed for camping. Eureka Timberline Outfitter 4 model is best; any rain-proof tents help!
- Tarps of all sizes for tents, firewood, shelters (canvas) and year-round projects
- Office Supplies paper, pens, markers, note pads
- Backpacks frame backpacks, 45+ liter capacity for hiking
- Digital Piano for worship music (Yamaha Clavinova may work best)
- Life Jackets newer, vest-style PFDs of all sizes
- Outdoor Games VB net, sports balls, croquet sets, bocce ball, frisbees
- Pool Toys beach balls, pool noodles, inflatables, sun screen (30+ SPF)
- Health Supplies to supply the summer nurse’s station
Vehicles transport Youth Ministry staff & maintain the Bible Camp
- Vehicles land, air, or sea! For summer camp travels, fundraising, etc. Will sell for top dollar, or use for the ministry. Trading your car in? Consider a (usually larger!) tax-deductible gift to your Bible camp!
- Minivans good used minivan needed
- 4 wheeler or UTV to care well for trails and forests through the 661-acres of your camp
- Small Tractor or 4wd loader. 25+ hp needed
- Trailer enclosed cargo trailer (5×10 or 6×12) for traveling youth ministry teams and property maintenance. (Use yours this year? The Bible camp sure would!) 🙂
Indoors for serving Camp Guests
- DVD Player or blu-ray player, for presentations and retreat guests
- Vacuum Cleaner commercial vacuum cleaners or Shark brand for cabins
- Washers & Dryers large capacity washer or a 220V electric dryer Good used = OK!
- Kitchen Supplies commercial equipment for 3 lodge kitchens
- TV 55″ or larger, for retreat groups and meetings
- Digital Cameras to show God’s love at work at Bible camp!
Farm and Shop care for & expand camp facilities
- Cattle Panels 16′ x 50″ panels – for small farm animal pens
- Gravel or Blacktop or money to complete small road projects
- Lumber Got some boards in your garage? Want space instead? 🙂 Share your stockpile to improve facilities for the kids. New or used boards are needed for projects at camp.
- Trees and Perennials Help beautify your camp, in sun and shade…
- Tools Hand tools, power tools, shovels & rakes for service projects, “free after rebate” Menards paint brushes and misc. supplies, cotton or leather gloves for volunteers, safety glasses, old tool boxes, etc. – lots to build at Sugar Creek!
- Rebate Cards or gift certificates to hardware stores
- Guard Rail Ties 6×8′ or 8×8′ treated beams for landscaping. Used is okay. RR ties needed too
- MIG Welder welder, welding supplies, cutting torch
- Fence and Fence Posts Steel “T” posts, round wood posts, garden fence, etc.
- Horses Must be of gentle temperament for young riders
- Tack Saddles, blankets, riding gear: good, quality tack
- Hay of the quality for horses
Volunteer your help is appreciated all year – big variety of projects
- Tuesdays Nearly every week offers you Volunteer Tuesday! You can belong and make a difference on our small, fun crew! (And just think of all the new tools you can finally have the excuse to buy!) Help with truly important projects at camp. Or schedule a visit anytime to lend your hands to other projects such as…
- Indoor Projects
- Office – help in our busy, good-humored office
- Mailings – help put together a bulk mailing (call for dates)
- Paint, clean, arrange, fix, beautify, bless – 25+ buildings
- Outdoor Projects
- LOTS of outdoor jobs for individuals, youth/adult groups, and families
- Protect – stain decks, paint buildings, roof shelters, build RR tie steps
- Hiking Trails – trim branches and clear paths… we’ve got MILES…
- Cut & stock firewood to heat buildings and fuel worship at campfires
- Make log benches for campfires
- Fencing – fix various fences – wood, wire, panel fences, etc.
- Reinforce trails – to prevent erosion at key spots
- Heavy equipment – often needed for bigger projects
- Lots more… Needs change every week. Please ask…
SKILLED LABOR NEEDED:
- Electrician for small and medium projects around camp
- Plumber consultation and improvements welcome for efficiency and longevity
- Mechanic ongoing maintenance is a priority with our vehicle fleet. Professionals & gear-heads appreciated!
- Carpenter or handy-person for small repairs.
- Other? Do YOU have special skills or gifts you could offer to a Bible camp? We’d love to hear from you… Let us share specific needs and hear how you would like to be part of this awesome ministry!
Call 608-734-3113 to chat with Jesse Klosterboer, Executive Director, to explore ways you can play a role in this far-reaching ministry. Thank you!
Items we CANNOT use – Please do not drop off:
- Organs, old pianos – pianos must be approved by the Director. To make our musical ministry stronger, we currently are searching for a quality digital piano (Yamaha Clavinova series is most helpful) for worship
- Well-used or stained furniture – Hospitality first. 🙂 Camp is rustic, but clean.
- Nice furniture – new or used, please send pictures to email@example.com before sending a truck of furniture. Thank you!
- Old printers, appliances, tube TVs – but we do need 2 washers & dryers!
- Broken / rusty things
- Damaged items for Auction – our annual Fall Festival & Quilt Auction fundraiser is limited to beautiful hand-made quilts, hand-crafted woodworking and some valuable specialty items. Have something to donate? Please contact us! Always grateful to be asked. 🙂
As a member of Thrivent (insurance or retirement accounts, for example), you may be aware that you can help Sugar Creek at no cost to you! You can probably direct some Thrivent funds to Sugar Creek every year, for free. As a Thrivent customer you may have a certain amount of Thrivent Choice dollars that you get to direct (no cost to you).
Please call Thrivent today at 1-800-847-4836 to direct your “Thrivent Choice” dollars. You can even ask them to go automatically each year to help Sugar Creek Bible Camp!
Thrivent also provides members with up to two “Action Team” cards worth $250 each every year! Click the link to apply. (It’s very quick and easy.) Then bring a small group from your church or workplace to do a service project at Sugar Creek Bible Camp. The $250 card could pay for materials, tools, lunch, etc. for your project – everyone wins!
Questions about Thrivent Choice or Thrivent Action Teams? We would love to help you. Please call Thrivent at 800-847-4836, or the camp office at 608-734-3113. Thank you for your support!