- Hard working?
- Compassionate and Kind?
- Energetic and Dynamic?
- a person of Faith?
Do you want to spend a summer of…
- Great Rewards?
- Meeting Memorable people?
- Changing a young person’s life?
- Special days and nights?
- Learning Career furthering skills?
- Faith Formation?
If you said yes to any of the above, Apply NOW!!!
- Application link is found above and here. All applicants need three references. Applicants are not required to upload a resume or cover letter, but those seeking leadership positions are strongly encouraged.
- After submitting the application, the program director will reach-out to schedule an interview to be done over Zoom or Phone.
- If hired, a health form MUST be completed and given to the camp before arrival at camp, or completed as part of your application process. Additionally the camp will run a Criminal Background Check, which includes a check of the National Sex Offender Registry, and require documentation as proof of citizenship prior to employment.
Summer Camp Program
- Our program is CHRIST-CENTERED! SPIRIT-LED! and BIBLE FED!
- Sugar Creek is located in Ferryville, WI – six miles from the Mississippi river in the hills, bluffs and prairies of SW-WI.
- We operate a de-centralized program, which means we have several small villages of 25-30 campers. Each counselor has 6-8 campers for whom they are responsible.
- We serve about 1500 campers each summer with our resident and day camp programs.
- We hire 40-45 summer staff. First preference for counseling positions will be given to staff who have completed at least one year of college or the equivalent.
- Our positions include Program Coordinators, Village Leaders, Aquatics Coordinator, Counselors, Kitchen Assistants, Wranglers, Maintenance Assistant, Frontier Farm Coordinator, Arts and Crafts Coordinator and Internships for Environmental Education and Media and Marketing. Summer 2021 Job Descriptions.
Summer Staff Qualifications
- Belief in Jesus Christ as Lord—you must be willing and able to share your life in Christ with others.
- Staff do not have to be Lutheran, but they must affirm ELCA Lutheran theology.
- Passion—to help people of all ages, especially youth.
- Openness—to be open to new experiences and adventures.
- Be a High School graduate.
- Able to pass a Criminal background check as a condition of employment.
Summer Staff Salary – 2021
All staff receive room and board
- $230/week Base Salary
- $10/week returner bonus
- Staff who are returning are given $10/previous summer worked. Bonus stacks up to 5 summers.
- $5/week Leadership staff bonus
- $100 recruitment bonus
- Hired Staff who recruit additional staff, who are subsequently employed, will receive $100/staff member recruited. Talk to Program Director for more details.
Important Dates for Summer Staff – 2021
- May 29-31: Leadership Staff Training
- May 31-June 11: Full Staff Training (Staff off Saturday June 5!)
- June 13: First day of summer camp!
- August 6: Last day of summer camp
- August 7: Camp clean-up day
- August 8-15: Family Camp
- Staff training is mandatory for all staff!
- Work week begins on Sunday with staff meeting at noon and ends around 4pm on Friday.
- All staff will be scheduled for one weekend of “weekend duty.” Staff are allowed to trade their weekend with another staff member.
Thank you for your interest in Sugar Creek Bible Camp. We look forward to speaking with you about employment possibilities at Sugar Creek!
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call, 608-734-3113.