Do you want a summer of:
- Professional & Life Skill Development
- Lifelong Spiritual Growth
- Real Leadership for Your Resume
- Meeting Memorable, Uplifting Peers
- Academic Internship Credits (in 10+ majors)
- Influencing MANY Young Lives for the Better
- Epic Adventures in the Great Outdoors
- Inspiration for your World-shaping Faith in God
- Honest & Hard-working
- Compassionate & Kind
- Energetic & Dynamic
- A Person of Faith
- Fun-loving and Adventurous :p
- Respectful & Generous
If your answer is a strong “Yes!” to one or more of these, apply now!
Start the Conversation… Apply now!
- Application link is here. Since you will work around youth, you will need three references. You are not required to send your resume or cover letter, but those seeking leadership positions are strongly encouraged.
- After submitting the application, the Program Director will reach out to you to schedule an interview. This will be via Zoom or phone.
- We will check references, conduct a Criminal Background Check including a check of the National Sex Offender Registry, and require documentation of legal eligibility to work in the United States, prior to employment.
- You are already being prayed for, as God equips you for everything God calls you to do and be. 🙂 Thank you for your interest and for taking action to equip yourself through this powerful experience in community: for stronger ways to lead, communicate about things that matter in life, and change the world for the better!
- Sugar Creek is CHRIST-CENTERED! SPIRIT-LED! and BIBLE FED! 🙂
- Your 660-acre backyard sports meandering streams, lively ponds, high bluffs, vast forests, peaceful prairies and many cozy cabins.
- You will experience a special emphasis (even among camps!) on “small group relational ministries” through a well established de-centralized village system. This means campers live in “villages” of 15-50 youth each week. Each camp counselor typically leads a group of 4-8 campers of the same age group, in grades K-12.
- About 1500 campers are served each summer with our residential, traveling, and Day Camp programs. As counselor at Sugar Creek, you’ll get to have a VARIETY of programs, ages, and adventures.
- Sugar Creek welcomes 35-45 summer Youth Ministry staff. First preference of camp counseling positions goes to applicants who have completed at least one year of college or the equivalent. Anyone 18+ is welcome to apply.
- A variety of positions are available. This summer you can apply to be a Camp Counselor (small group leader…need many), Program Coordinator, Village Leader, Aquatics Coordinator, Kitchen Assistant, Horse Wrangler, Maintenance Assistant, Frontier Farm Coordinator, Arts and Crafts Coordinator, or even custom academic Internships – such as Environmental Education, Media and Marketing, Psychology, Education, Biology/Medicine, Sociology, and more!
- View Summer 2022 Position Descriptions
- Apply Now
- Faith in Jesus Christ as Lord – you must be willing and able to share your life in Christ with others. Knowing all the answers is not important 🙂 but simply the desire to grow, share, and walk in faith with a God who loves you unconditionally.
- Staff do not need to be “Lutheran” but must be amenable to ELCA Lutheran theology. Not sure what that is? Please ask… Our program director, or executive director, would LOVE to share a mutually respectful conversation just to hear about your faith, questions, and comfort level. Most Bible camp staff come in with little theological education – that’s totally ok!
- Passion—to help people of all ages, especially kids & youth. 🙂
- Openness—to be open to new experiences and adventures.
- Be a High School graduate.
- Able to pass a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
Summer Staff Salary – 2022
All staff are given room and board through the whole summer, PAID 2-week training, dorm-style rooms with private bathrooms & showers indoors in the most modern lodge on camp (Koinonia Lodge), weekend time off, and a lifelong supportive community of friends & colleagues.
- Opportunity for 10 weeks of summer employment: approx. May 28 – August 14.
- $280/week Starting Salary
- $10/week Returner Bonus
- Staff who are returning are given $10/week for EACH previous summer worked. Bonus stacks up to 5 summers.
- $20/week Leadership Staff Bonus
- $250 Recruitment Bonus:
- Hired Staff who recruit additional staff, who are subsequently employed for the whole summer, will receive $250/staff member recruited. No limits. Ask Program Director for more details.
Important Dates for Summer Staff – 2022
- May 28-30: Leadership Staff Training
- May 30-June 10: Full Staff Training (Time off Saturday June 4.)
- June 12: First day of summer camp!
- August 5: Last day of summer camp..
- August 6: All-camp clean-up day
- August 7-14: Family Camp sessions
- Staff training, including certain safety and training certifications, is mandatory for all staff
- Work week begins on Sundays with staff meeting at noon and ends around 4pm on Fridays
- All staff will sign-up for two weekends of weekend duties, typically fairly light. Sign-up will be available during training.
Thank you for “exploring” your calling through Sugar Creek Bible Camp! Hope to speak with you ASAP about your hopes, your goals, and to hear your thoughts on your summer calling to do something truly powerful.
For more information, please email email@example.com or call 608-734-3113.