Join us for Volunteer Tuesdays!
|Sugar Creek needs you! Adults and youth groups are welcome to volunteer in a variety of projects. Tuesdays are traditionally the volunteer day for adults, but we’ll take your help anytime. Call to explore how you can help.|
What can you do?
- Maintenance Assistance/Repairs
- Building projects
- Cleaning… saves money for ministry!
- Trail Work: miles to trim, mow, cut, and groom
- Help with mailings throughout the year (nice welcoming community & conversations!)
Volunteer Projects – Current Needs
Do you see a project here – one your family, team, or church group might enjoy doing together? 🙂 This ministry needs your help! Chat with Jesse (camp director) or Jody (property manager) to talk about lending your hands to God’s work at Bible camp by calling 608-734-3113
|Deck boards to be replaced on the accessible ramp to “Tamarack” Log Cabin|
|Decking repair on the bridge to horse barn|
|Fence for horses needs replacing along the big valley. Posts, rails, and lag bolts are on hand|
|Re-shingle the little firewood shelter near Sauna|
|Use 8×16 farm wagon running gear, build on benches and canopy for Tractor Hayride Tours of the Camp|
|Geocaching Sites – Set up “hidden” treasures and create GPS coordinates for a cool nature exploration activity|
|Lattice & underpinning repairs at Amphitheater worship stage|
|Trim plants and branches back along trails. Build edges for erosion control, replace log steps on trails. Ongoing – help always needed. 🙂|
|Lattice & underpinning repairs on Retreat Center outdoor dining area|
|PLUS many more projects, large and small! Ask for info.
Other ways to build up Sugar Creek:
(Your gift can be tax deductible, and we can provide you a receipt.)
- Wish List – Give important items to make camp better… Click for the new list!
- Make a Project possible – Some projects are funded, and we just need hands. Others are important, but not yet in the budget. Whether you are able to come in person or not, will you consider sharing your resources to equip and grow this ministry by funding a project? Your gifts can move forward any of the above (your choice) with the help of our awesome volunteers!
- Contact Jesse Klosterboer, camp director, for costs and details about sponsoring your choice of difference-making projects at 608-734-3113.