Can you help? We need the following items to support our efforts in ministry. Your gift can be tax deductible; we will be glad to provide you a receipt:
Vehicles transport Youth Ministry staff & maintain the Bible Camp
- Used Vehicles land or sea! For summer camp travels or fundraising. Trading in? Consider instead a tax-deductible gift to the local Bible camp!
- 4 wheeler or UTV to care for your many trails and forests in the big valley
- Minivans good used vans for summer Day Camp teams
- Small Tractor or 4wd loader, 25+ hp
- Trailer enclosed trailer needed, but any gift benefits the ministry
Indoors for serving Camp Guests
- DVD Player or Blue Ray player
- Vacuum Cleaner commercial vacuum cleaners, or “Shark” brand for cabins
- Washers & Dryers large capacity washer or a 220V dryer
- Kitchen Supplies commercial equipment for 3 lodge kitchens
- TV 55″ or larger for retreat groups and meetings
- Digital Cameras to show God’s love at work during summer Bible camp 🙂
Farm and Shop care for & expand camp facilities
- Cattle Panels 16′ x 50″ panels – need ~35 for animal pens
- Gravel or Blacktop or money to complete small road projects
- Lumber Got boards in your garage? Want more space? 😉 They’ll be used here! New/used boards are put to good use – no matter how long you’ve saved them…
- Trees and Perennials Help beautify your camp in sun and shade
- Tools Hand tools, power tools, shovels & rakes for service projects, “free after rebate” Menards hammers & paint brushes, gloves for volunteer groups, etc.
- Rebate Cards or gift certificates to hardware stores
- Guard Rail Ties 6×8 or 8×8 treated, for landscaping etc. (RR ties okay too)
- MIG Welder welder, welding supplies, and/or a cutting torch
- Fence and Fence Posts Steel “T” posts, round wood posts, garden fence, etc.
- Horses Must be of gentle temperament, for gentle young riders
- Tack Saddles, blankets, riding gear – good, quality tack needed by campers
- Hay of quality for horses
- Wood Furnace for heating lodges and homes with a renewable resource
Program Supplies & Gear kids activities, general needs
- Arts & Crafts General art supplies for 1600+ kids/summer. Every bit helps!
- Tents Used or new, 4+ person tents needed for camping. Eureka Timberline Outfitter 4 model is best; any rain-proof tents are a way to help
- Tarps of all sizes for tents, firewood, shelters (canvas) and year-round use
- Office Supplies paper, pens, markers, notes, used at summer camp & all year!
- Backpacks frame backpacks, 50+ liter capacity for hiking
- Digital Piano for worship music
- Life Jackets newer vest-style PFDs of all sizes. Got an extra in the garage?
- Camera Drone help us show thousands of people the power, beauty, and joy of ministries at Sugar Creek – also looking for video equipment
- Outdoor Games sports balls, VB net, croquet sets, bocce ball, or frisbees
- Pool Toys beach balls, pool noodles, inflatables, sun screen (30+ SPF)
- Health Supplies for summer nurse’s station
Volunteer your help is appreciated all year – big variety of projects
- Tuesdays Nearly every week offers you Volunteer Tuesday! You can belong and make a difference on our small, fun crew led by property manager, Jody Bankes. (And just think of all the new tools you will finally get a good excuse to buy!) Help with a ton of truly important projects at Bible camp. Or schedule a visit anytime to lend your hands to other projects such as:
- Indoor Projects
- Office – help in our busy, good-humored office 😛
- Mailings – help put together a bulk mailing (please call for dates)
- Paint, clean, arrange, fix, beautify, bless – throughout 25+ buildings
- Outdoor Projects
- LOTS of outdoor jobs for individuals, youth/adult groups, and families
- Protect – stain decks, paint buildings, roof shelters, build RR tie steps
- Hiking Trails – trim branches and clear paths… we’ve got MILES…
- Cut & stock firewood to heat buildings and fuel worship at campfires
- Make campfire sitting logs
- Fencing – fix & upgrade various styles of fences
- Reinforce trails – to prevent erosion at key spots
- Heavy equipment is often needed for bigger projects… Can you help?
- Lots more. Needs change daily. Just ask!
- Electrician for small and medium projects around camp
- Plumber consultation and improvements welcome for efficiency and longevity
- Mechanic ongoing maintenance is a priority with our vehicle fleet. Professionals & gear-heads appreciated! Work with our Property Manager.
- Carpenter or handy-person for misc. small repairs; ask for a current project list
- Other Do you have special skills or gifts you could offer to a Bible camp? We’d love to hear from you and learn how you might hope to be part of this ministry.
Can you help? Please send a quick note to a grateful team today! Call 608-734-3113 to chat with Jody Bankes, Property Manager or Jesse Klosterboer, Executive Director, to explore ways you can play a role in this far-reaching ministry. Thank you!
Items we CANNOT use 🙂 Please do not drop off:
- Organs, old pianos – pianos must be approved by the Director. To make our musical ministry stronger, we do need a quality digital piano for worship
- Well-used or stained furniture – Hospitality first. Camp is rustic but clean 🙂
- Nice furniture – new or used, please send a pic before sending a pick-up… It may or may not be a fit for the style here. Always okay to ask – thanks!
- Old printers, appliances, tube TVs – however a good washer & dryer are needed
- Broken / rusty items
- Misc. wares for Auction – our fall Quilt Auction fundraiser will be limited to a large selection of quilts, hand-crafted woodworking & other fun special items. 🙂
If you are a member of Thrivent (for insurance or retirement, for example), you may be aware that you can help Sugar Creek at no cost to you! You can direct funds to Sugar Creek every year. As a Thrivent customer you may have a certain amount of Thrivent Choice dollars that you get to designate (no cost to you) to a nonprofit of your choice.
Please call Thrivent today at 1-800-847-4836 to direct your Choice dollars. You can even ask them to automatically go each year to support an organization like Sugar Creek.
Thrivent also provides members with up to two “Action Team” cards worth $250 each every year! Click to apply. (It’s very quick and easy.) Then bring a small group from your church or workplace to do a service project at Sugar Creek Bible Camp. The $250 card could pay for materials, tools, lunch, etc. for your project – everyone wins!
Questions about Thrivent Choice or Thrivent Action Teams? We would love to help you. Call Thrivent at 800-847-4836, or Sugar Creek at 608-734-3113. Thank you for your support!