YEAR-ROUND and SEASONAL EMPLOYMENT
Housekeeping Position Immediately Available
Up to 20 hours per week. Duties include general cleaning, vacuuming, mopping, etc. of guest rooms, lodges, restrooms, and other facilities as needed. Position could be shared. We are looking for someone who lives close to the camp. Please contact the camp: 608-734-3113 or Interim Director Jeff Barrow: 262-497-7576 if you are interested.
2019 SUMMER CAMP EMPLOYMENT
Please check back in December 2018.
You must be at least 18 by the start of staff training and a HS Graduate (or equivalent) to apply for any summer staff position.
Individuals marked as a reference will receive an email and code allowing them to access the reference link above. Sugar Creek Bible Camp follows all Equal Employment Opportunity laws. If you have any questions, call: 608-734-3113.
2018 Recruiting Schedule
January 29th – UW Stout January 31st – Mankato State
February 7th – Wartburg and at UW River Falls
February 12th – Augsburg
February 14th – Winona State
February 14th – Augustana
February 15th – UW La Crosse and at Luther College ELCA Camp Fair
February 16th – St. Olaf
February 20th – UW Stevens Point
February 22nd – Waldorf College and at Luther College
February 23rd – Gustavus Adolphus College
Summer Camp Program
- Our program is CHRIST-CENTERED! SPIRIT-LED! and BIBLE FED!
- Sugar Creek is located in Ferryville, WI – six miles from the Mississippi river in the hills, bluffs and prairies of SW WI.
- We operate a de-centralized program, which means we have several small villages of 25-30 campers. Each counselor has 6-8 campers for whom they are responsible.
- We serve about 2000 campers each summer with our resident and day camp programs.
- We hire 45-50 summer staff, 18 years old and older. First preference is for staff who have completed at least one year of college or the equivalent.
- Our positions include leadership staff, counselors, kitchen staff, off-site coordinator, wranglers, team driver, arts & crafts director, lifeguard, and staff-in-training coordinator. 2018 Job Descriptions.
Summer Staff Qualifications
- Commitment to Jesus Christ as Lord—you must be willing and able to share your life in Christ with others.
- Staff do not have to be Lutheran, but they must affirm ELCA Lutheran theology.
- Passion—to help people of all ages, especially youth.
- Openness—to be open to new experiences and adventures.
- First preference is for staff to be one year post high school.
- Able to pass a Criminal background check as a condition of employment
Summer Staff Salary-2019
All staff receive room and board
- 2019 High School Grads: $230 per week
- Counseling and Support Staff-at least 1 year college or work: $250 per week
- Village Leader: $260 per week
Summer Staff Time Commitment – 2019
- June 2 (leadership staff); other staff- June 4 – August 17, 2019 (Staff contracts vary by position, some will be required to work early and/or work late.)
- About two weeks of staff training: June 4-14 (leadership will arrive June 2)
- Staff will be able to take time off during the summer based on staffing needs
- TRAINING IS MANDATORY. STAFF MUST ATTEND THE ENTIRE TIME.
- Work week is from Sunday to approximately 6pm on Friday. (Day camp staff will be required to start earlier on Sundays.)
- Staff will be required to work two weekends during the summer: family weekend, and the other one by random assignment.
- On occasion, staff will be expected to lead skits and songs at area churches during Sunday morning worship services.
- Application link can be found above. Staff are required to fill out entire application and references as applicable. New applicants need three references, one of whom must be a pastor. Returning staff from 2018 need only 1 reference and it must be from a pastor. References will be sent an email from our system giving them a code and link to access the reference form, you do not need to provide that information but please check with the individuals before you put them down.
- Interview with the Program Director or the Executive Director. If possible, please stop by one of our recruiting locations listed above.
- If hired, a health form MUST be completed and given to the camp before arrival at camp, or completed as part of your application process. Additionally the camp will run a Criminal Background Check on you prior to employment.
Thank you for your interest in Sugar Creek Bible Camp. We hope to hear from you soon, and we look forward to speaking with you about employment possibilities at Sugar Creek!
For more information, please call the camp: 608-734-3113