YEAR-ROUND and SEASONAL EMPLOYMENT
None currently available.
2018 SUMMER CAMP EMPLOYMENT
Individuals marked as a reference will receive an email and code allowing them to access the reference link above. Sugar Creek Bible Camp follows all Equal Employment Opportunity laws. If you have any questions, you can email us at email@example.com
2018 Recruiting Schedule
January 29th – UW Stout
January 31st – Mankato State
February 7th – Wartburg
February 7th – UW River Falls
February 12th – Augsburg
February 14th – Winona State
February 14th – Augustana
February 15th – UW La Crosse
February 15th – Luther ELCA Camp Fair
February 16th – St. Olaf
February 20th – UW Stevens Point
February 22nd – Waldorf
February 22nd – Luther
February 23rd – Gustavus
Summer Camp Program
- Our program is CHRIST-CENTERED! SPIRIT-LED! and BIBLE FED!
- Sugar Creek is located in Ferryville, WI – six miles from the Mississippi river in the hills, bluffs and prairies of SW WI.
- We operate a de-centralized program, which means we have several small villages of 25-30 campers. Each counselor has 6-8 campers for whom they are responsible.
- We serve about 2500 campers each summer with our resident and day camp programs.
- We hire approximately 55 summer staff.
- Our positions include leadership staff, counselors, kitchen staff, off-site coordinator, wranglers, team driver, arts & crafts director, lifeguard, and staff-in-training coordinator. 2018 Job Descriptions.
Summer Staff Qualifications
- Commitment to Jesus Christ as Lord—you must be willing and able to share your life in Christ with others.
- Openness—to be open to new people, situations, and experiences.
- Passion—to help other people of all ages, and especially youth.
- Staff do not have to be Lutheran, but they must affirm traditional ELCA Lutheran theology.
- Preferred one year post high school.
Summer Staff Salary-2018
All staff receive room and board
- 2018 High School Grads: $225 per week
- Counseling and Support Staff-at least 1 year college or work: $240 per week
- Village Leader: $245 per week
Summer Staff Time Commitment – 2018
- May 27 – August 18, 2018 (Staff contracts vary by position, some will be required to work early and/or work late.)
- Two weeks of staff training May 27-June 8
- Staff will be able to take weeks off during the summer upon request and also based on staff needs per week.
- TRAINING IS MANDATORY. STAFF MUST ATTEND THE ENTIRE TIME.
- Work week is from Sunday to approximately 6pm on Friday. (Day camp staff will be required to start earlier on Sundays.)
- Staff will be required to work two weekends during the summer: family weekend (June 29-August 1), and the other one by random assignment.
- On occasion, staff will be expected to lead skits and songs at area churches during Sunday morning worship services.
- Application link can be found above. Staff are required to fill out entire application and references as applicable. New applicants need three references, one of whom must be a pastor. Returning staff from 2017 need only 1 reference and it must be from a pastor. References will be sent an email from our system giving them a code and link to access the reference form, you do not need to provide that information but please check with the individuals before you put them down.
- Interview with the Program Director or the Executive Director. If possible, please stop by one of our recruiting locations listed above.
- If hired, a health form MUST be completed and given to the camp before arrival at camp, or completed as part of your application process.
Thank you for your interest in Sugar Creek Bible Camp. We hope to hear from you soon, and we look forward to speaking with you about employment possibilities at Sugar Creek!