2020 SUMMER CAMP EMPLOYMENT
We are currently accepting Summer staff applications for Summer 2020! See details and links below.
Individuals marked as a reference will receive an email and code allowing them to access the reference link above. Sugar Creek Bible Camp follows all Equal Employment Opportunity laws. If you have any questions, call: 608-734-3113.
Summer Camp Program
- Our program is CHRIST-CENTERED! SPIRIT-LED! and BIBLE FED!
- Sugar Creek is located in Ferryville, WI – six miles from the Mississippi river in the hills, bluffs and prairies of SW-WI.
- We operate a de-centralized program, which means we have several small villages of 25-30 campers. Each counselor has 6-8 campers for whom they are responsible.
- We serve about 2000 campers each summer with our resident and day camp programs.
- We hire 40-45 summer staff. First preference for counseling positions will be given to staff who have completed at least one year of college or the equivalent.
- Our positions include Program Coordinators, Village Leaders, Day Camp Team Leaders, Aquatics Coordinator, Counselors, Kitchen Assistants, Wranglers, Maintenance Assistant, Mediaographer, Naturalist, Arts & Crafts Leader, and Farm Hand. 2020 Summer Job Descriptions
Summer Staff Qualifications
- Commitment to Jesus Christ as Lord—you must be willing and able to share your life in Christ with others.
- Staff do not have to be Lutheran, but they must affirm ELCA Lutheran theology.
- Passion—to help people of all ages, especially youth.
- Openness—to be open to new experiences and adventures.
- First preference is for staff to be one year post high school.
- Able to pass a Criminal background check as a condition of employment
Summer Staff Salary – 2020
All staff receive room and board
- 2020 High School Grads: $225 per week
- Counseling and Support Staff-at least 1 year college or work: $240 per week
- Leadership Staff: $245 per week
- Program Coordinator: $260 per week
Important Dates for Summer Staff – 2020
- May 28: Program Coordinator Training
- May 29-June 1: Leadership Staff Training
- June 1-June 12: Full Staff Training (Staff off Saturday June 6!)
- June 14: First day of summer camp!
- June 26-28: Staff Family Weekend
- August 7: Last day of summer camp
- August 8: Camp clean-up day
- August 9-18: Family Camp and Grandparent-Grandchild Camp Sessions
- Staff training is mandatory for all staff!
- Work week begins on Sunday with staff meeting at noon and ends around 4pm on Friday.
- Day camp staff generally attend church on Sunday in the community they will be serving for the week. Therefore they typically begin early on Sunday morning.
- All staff will be randomly scheduled for one weekend of “weekend duty.” Staff are allowed to trade their weekend with another staff member.
- Staff requested time off will be given in the order requests are received. Not everyone who requests time off will be guaranteed time off.
- Application link can be found above. Staff are required to fill out entire application and references as applicable. New applicants need three references, one of whom must be a pastor. Returning staff from 2019 need only 1 reference and it must be from a pastor. References will be sent an email from our system giving them a code and link to access the reference form. You do not need to provide that information but please check with the individuals before you list them as references.
- Interview with the Program Director or the Executive Director. If possible, please stop by one of our recruiting locations listed above.
- If hired, a health form MUST be completed and given to the camp before arrival at camp, or completed as part of your application process. Additionally the camp will run a Criminal Background Check, which includes a check of the National Sex Offender Registry, and require documentation as proof of citizenship prior to employment.
Thank you for your interest in Sugar Creek Bible Camp. We look forward to speaking with you about employment possibilities at Sugar Creek!
For more information, please email email@example.com, or call, 608-734-3113.