Sugar Creek is a beautiful, memorable place to host your event! Whether it’s youth, adults, women, men, couples, or families, Sugar Creek can accommodate. We have five facilities available for retreats and 23 private spaces in heated cabins, lodges or rooms available all year round. Food service, special programs, and dozens of fun activities are here for you – as well as warm hospitality and modern conference facilities.
Facilities are available for rent from mid-August to May. See cabins and lodges here…
To check availability and pricing, please call or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. (In summertime (approx. June 1 to mid-August) facilities are entirely filled with our Summer Bible Camp youth programs.)
- 9-hole Disc Golf
- Hiking & X/C skiing trails
- Horse-drawn Wagon Rides (on request)
- Wood-fired Sauna
- Labyrinth for Prayer/Reflection
- Pianos in lodges
- Worship, devotions, hiking tours, etc. available at no charge
- Snow Tubing (we provide the tubes)
- Winter Broomball (we have the equipment)
- Challenge Course (addt’l cost)
- Campfire rings & free firewood with lodging
- Canoes available on pond. Good for beginners
- TVs with VCR/DVD players in all modern buildings
- Foosball tables in Koinonia Lodge and Retreat Center
- Projector screen
- Tables & chairs
- Sound system available
Food Service is available. Come together for a home-style meal.
Food allergies should be communicated to the staff prior to the retreat. Due to our unique location and situation, we are unable to accommodate all dietary requests, but can meet certain requests. People with specialized diets may opt to bring their own meals in lieu of purchasing them through our Food Service.
You are welcome to prepare your own meals in the Koinonia Lodge or Retreat Center. You may also prepare your own meals, if you like, at the Frontier Town in Uncle Jack’s Roadhouse using either wood-fired stoves, or modern appliances.
Youth Groups & Schools
As a busy, vibrant overnight Summer Camp every year, Sugar Creek is designed to be the perfect setting for kids, youth, and families — 12 months of the year! Located on 660 acres around a deep, beautiful valley, you’ll enjoy tons of memorable activities with a purpose to match your own goals. It’s the ideal setup for your church youth event (more than 300 beds!) or public school outdoor education venue. Call today for open dates, and a tour!
Activities – Dream big!
Our professional program staff know all about creating top-notch events! You’ll meet experienced planners ready & thrilled to help you plan your customized activities, and offer some ideas to make sure you can use these beautiful surroundings to accomplish your own goals for your event, or even just give you 100% control of the schedule. Professional, meaningful, memorable program planning is what we do…
Summer Camp here is world-class, and getting better every year. But Sugar Creek is not just for kids, not just summer, not just camping. Let’s build an experience that fits your needs and hopes for your best event yet. Family reunions, Strategic Planning intensives for your church or business, crafting & quilting, fishing retreats… it’s at Sugar Creek.
Find friendly guidance arranging presentations, leading worship and Bible studies, booking guest speakers, teaching Environmental Education, setting up games, cooking your meals, facilitating team building — even firing up a wood-heated Scandinavian Sauna! We’ve got your back. Let us know your goals, and we would be happy to help.
Contact our friendly Program Director, Kjell Bakken, and make this year’s annual gathering your best yet!
|Lodging per night||$40.00||*Member rate: $30/night; (minimums still apply)|
|Kitchen Use Fee (if not using camp food service, and instead cooking meals in the Retreat Center or Koinonia Lodge)||$100.00|
Minimum Rates (Lodges) and Staffed Activities
- The Manna Center (MC) and the Retreat Center (RC) accommodate large groups. We require only a minimum of 10 participants for an exclusive rental. During the COVID-19 Pandemic, all meals served are prepared in the Manna Center’s commercial kitchen and served in (or outside of) the Dining Hall. If participation is lower, groups are still welcome to reserve these Lodges if paying the $400/night minimum.
- The Koinonia Lodge (KOI) minimum is based on 13 participants. If your group is smaller, you are still welcome to reserve this Lodge at the $500/night minimum rate.
- Challenge Course: $60.00 includes up to 15 participants for 2 hours. This includes setup, take-down, and trained facilitators for the various elements and activities.
- Swimming Pool with Lifeguard(s) is typically open Memorial Day to Labor Day. 2 hours: $75 for up to 30 people, includes lifeguard. $125 for between 31-60 people. $25 discount for member congregations.